It’s been awhile since I searched through my referrer logs to see what searches bring people to the Crusty Curmudgeon. I’m gratified to see that they’re no less odd than they used to be:
- streamline art deco garbage: Hmmm, yeah, I can see how that would bring people right to me.
- unsecured wireless networks, Bakersfield, CA: Yeah, I’d know all about those here in Ottawa.
- bioethical issues in Charlotte’s web: Huh? They didnt’ eat Wilbur, you know.
Crusty may be used to help describe a type of person, such as in the phrase “crusty old colonel”. Typically such a crusty person would have the following attributes, either in part or wholly:
Yeah, sometimes . . .
I wouldn’t go that far . . .
- conservative in their opinions
Pretty much . . .
- a firm believer in the value of institutions important to them personally, such as a village fete organising committee, their gentleman’s club
Sort of true, though I can’t say I’m crusty enough for a villege fete organizing committee or gentleman’s club . . .
In almost all situations crusty people are old and male.
Old? Why, you . . .